CDAC Family Assistance Programme
We support low-income families to cope with their basic living and/or education needs of their children and facilitate them to become more resilient and self-reliant.
The assistance may include:
- Financial assistance in essential household bills, such as rental, utilities, childcare fee, student care fee, etc.
- Grocery vouchers to cope with daily living needs
- Guidance in job search and skills upgrading
- Enrichment programmes for children
- Family bonding activities
- Guidance and support from Volunteer Family Befrienders to build resilience
- Volunteer-driven Mentoring and Tutoring Programme, such as the following:
- Supervised Homework Group (SHG), supports academically weak Primary 4 to 6 students in their studies and character development
- Project YOUth Can Shine (YCS) supports Secondary 1 to 2 students in Mathematics and provides exposure in building the 21st-century competencies (Communications, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Creativity and Compassion)
- Project RAISE (Realising Aspirations through Skills and Education) – supports the potential case families to achieve social mobility through provisions of grants for skills training and education and mentorship to parents/children
- Applicant or at least family member, who lives in the same household, is a Chinese Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Gross monthly household income not exceeding $2,400 or gross per capita income not exceeding $800
Note: Application and type of assistance will be assessed and determined on a case-by-case basis.