CDAC Workfare Programme
We help low-income families to become self-reliant through employment.
The assistance may include:
- Financial assistance in basic household bills, such as rental, utilities, childcare fee, student care fee, etc.
- Grocery vouchers to cope with daily living needs
- Guidance in job search and skills upgrading
- Enrichment programmes for children
- Family bonding activities
- Guidance and support from Volunteer Family Befrienders to work towards self-reliance
- Supervised Homework Group, a mentoring and tutoring programme for primary 4 to 6 students who are academically weak and require support in their studies and character development
- Project RAISE (Realising Aspirations through Skills and Education) – Supports potential Workfare Programme’s cases to achieve social mobility through provisions of grants for skills training and education and mentorship to parents/children
- Chinese Singaporean or Permanent Resident
- Willing to engage in full-time or part-time employment
- Have dependant household members to support
- Monthly gross household income not exceeding $2,100 or per capita income not exceeding $700
Note: Application and type of assistance schemes will be assessed and determined on a case-by-case basis.