We help students to realise their potential; workers to secure jobs and upgrade their skills; families to be self-reliant and more resilient; and seniors to stay active and connected with the community.
Employees refer to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, belonging to the Chinese community.
|*Gross Wages/Month||Minimum Monthly Contribution to CDAC|
|> $2,000 to $3,500||$1.00|
|> $3,500 to $5,000||$1.50|
|> $5,000 to $7,500||$2.00|
*Gross wages refer to all remuneration in money due or granted to an employee in respect of his employment, including overtime pay, allowances (e.g. food, shift or transport allowances), commission and bonus.
Please refer to Annex A for the types of remuneration to employees.
We offer more than 48,000 places in tuition and enrichment programmes annually to help students level up and maximise their potential. We also assist 8,000 students with bursary and other support schemes.
We support 11,000 low-income families annually with holistic assistance to help them work towards self-reliance. We organise parents development programme and family bonding activities to help parents become better stewards of their households and strengthen family bonding.
We provide integrated support to workers in employment and training by working closely with various government agencies.
Besides employment, we also provide holistic support to workers by offering education programmes and assistance to their children, parenting programmes to them and their spouses, and financial assistance to their families.
We help seniors to stay active and lead meaningful lives through learning and volunteering through programmes such as information sharing sessions (on topics such as Lasting Power of Attorney, MediShield Life and CPF Life), weekly news sharing programme, IT courses and volunteering programmes.
- Increase contribution amount
- Opt out of contribution
- Rejoin to contribute after opting out
- Voluntary contribution
The employer can effect the changes immediately after the form has been submitted to CDAC.
For further enquiries, you may call our hotline at 6841 4889 or email to .
Other Information for Employees
- Registered students of the following schools and Madrasahs (except for students who have completed the GCE “A” level examination or its equivalent) working during the school holiday period stated in the Ministry of Education website (with effect from 1 February 2018).
- Government and Government-Aided Schools
- Independent Schools
- Specialised Independent Schools
- Specialised Schools
- MOE-funded Special Education Schools
- Mountbatten Vocational School
– Madrasah Alsagoff Al-Arabiah
– Madrasah Al-Arabiah Al-Islamiah
– Madrasah Irsyad Zuhri Al-Islamiah
– Madrasah Aljunied Al-Islamiah
– Madrasah Al-Ma’arif Al-Islamiah
– Madrasah Wak Tanjong Al-Islamiah
- Matriculated or registered students of the following institutions and employed for training approved by their institutions during the school term and/or school holiday period:
With effect from 1 January 2018
a. any university whose function of providing university education is determined by any written law
b. the Institute of Technical Education, Singapore, established by the Institute of Technical Education Act
c. a polytechnic established by any written law
Please refer to the Ministry of Education website for the list of institutions under the section “Autonomous Universities”, “Institute of Technical Education” and “Polytechnics”.
With effect from 1 February 2018
a. Specialised Schools
b. MOE-funded Special Education Schools
c. Mountbatten Vocational School
- Matriculated or registered students of any overseas tertiary education institution and are required by the overseas tertiary education institution to undergo training in Singapore for a period of not more than 6 months. With effect from 1 February 2018, students are required to submit to their employers a written confirmation from the overseas tertiary education institution to indicate that they are —
(i) matriculated or registered students of the overseas tertiary education institution; and
(ii) required by the overseas tertiary education institution to undergo training in Singapore.
- Matriculated or registered students of any private education institution enrolled in a full-time programme subsidised by the Ministry of Education and employed for training approved by their institutions (with effect from 1 February 2018):
a. All full-time diploma programme programmes at LASALLE College of the Arts (LASALLE) and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
b. Bachelor of Music programme offered by the Royal College of Music, London, at NAFA
c. All full-time Bachelor’s degree programmes offered by Goldsmiths College, University of London, at LASALLE
Please refer to the Ministry of Education website for the list of programmes under the section “LASALLE College of the Arts & Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts”.
Other Information for Employers
Please refer to Annex B for the contributions to be made by employees with multiple races or religion.
Please note that the period for any refund of amount paid in error is one year from the date on which the CDAC contribution was paid by an employee.
Types of Remuneration to Employees
The table below is a general guide as to when to account for CDAC contributions on such payments.
|S/N||Types of Payment||Description of Payment||CDAC contribution required?|
|1||Annual Wage Supplement (AWS)/ Bonus/ Variable Payment||Payment to employees for 13th month/ good performance/ incentive payment||Yes|
|2||Allowances e.g. field, food, holiday, housing, maternity, phone, shift, transport allowances||Fixed payments to employees for various purposes||Yes|
|3||Commission||Payment to employees for services provided based on percentage of sales achieved||Yes|
|4||Education/ training reimbursement||Reimbursement of course fees||No|
|5||Flexible benefits||Allowance given to employees for lifestyle needs||No|
|6||Internship allowance||Wages paid to students on internship||No|
|7||Leave pay||Encashment of unutilized leave||Yes|
|8||Long service award||Cash reward for long service||Yes|
|9||Maternity subsidy||Reimbursement of maternity expenses||No|
|10||Overtime pay||Payments made to employees for working overtime||Yes|
|11||Part-time employment wages||Wages paid to individuals working part time||Yes|
|12||Reimbursements e.g. entertainment, handphone, holiday, housing, meal, medical/ dental, transport reimbursements||Reimbursements for expenses paid in advance by employees||No|
|13||Termination benefits||Retirement benefits, retrenchment payment, salary in-lieu of notice, severance pay||No|
|14||Workmen’s compensation||Payment for injuries awarded under the Workmen’s Compensation Act||No|
Types of Contributions to be made by Employees with Multiple Races or Religion
The table below is a guide on the types on contributions that employees with multiple races or religion should make.
|S/N||Races/ Religion||SHG to contribute to|
|3||Chinese-Muslim||CDAC & MBMF*|
|5||Chinese-Indian-Muslim||CDAC & MBMF*|
|8||Indian-Muslim||SINDA & MBMF*|
|10||Indian-Muslim-Chinese||SINDA & MBMF*|
|11||Muslim-Chinese||MBMF & CDAC*|
|12||Muslim-Indian||MBMF & SINDA*|
|13||Muslim-Eurasian||MBMF & EA*|
|14||Muslim-Chinese-Indian||MBMF & CDAC*|
|15||Muslim-Eurasian-Chinese||MBMF & EA*|
|18||Eurasian-Muslim||EA & MBMF*|
|20||Eurasian-Chinese-Muslim||EA & MBMF*|
|23||Chinese-German-Muslim||CDAC & MBMF*|
* Employees who do not wish to contribute to either one of the Fund will have to submit the Opt-Out Form to the respective agency.